Coming from someone who LOVES a good deal when booking travel, getting the Southwest Companion Pass is definitely a game changer. Southwest is already a great airline option because there are no change fees. If you need or want flexibility in your travel schedule, no other airline offers the ability to cancel right up until your flight without penalty. Also, who doesn’t love being able to take up to 2 CHECKED BAGS FREE?!?!?
THE PERKS OF THE COMPANION PASS:
Once you qualify, your companion gets to fly the remainder of the year and the entire following calendar year every time you fly. If you plan it right, you can get almost two years of flying free for your companion. As if that’s not enough, to qualify you need to accrue 110k miles. You get to use all of those miles along the way, they don’t have to build up in your account meaning you get 110k miles to spend on yourself. In summary: You get 110k miles to book your tickets (NO BLACKOUT DATES) and then your companion (which you can switch up to three times a calendar year) gets to fly free. That is a TON of savings.
Here’s the quickest way to do it:
- Open a Southwest PremierPersonal Credit Card for $69 annual fee (check out my referral link: https://www.referyourchasecard.com/224/X4VYA83LZN)
- Spend required $2000 as quickly as possible to earn 50k miles + 2k points for the $2000 you just spent (you can boost your 2k by spending the $2,000 with southwest airline travel purchase at 2 points per dollar or points bonuses through the shopping portal)
- Open a Southwest Business Credit Card for $99 annual fee
- Spend the required spending $3,000 to receive 60k bonus miles as quickly as possible to earn 60k miles + the 3k miles you will have earned spending $3000. This will get you to a minimum of 115k miles giving you more than enough to qualify for the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass.
- Start Traveling on the CHEAP!
WARNING: Now is the absolute BEST time to work this strategy because as soon as you qualify for this card you will get to have a FREE Companion Pass for the rest of this year and ALL of 2019. This is a great deal and one we have been thankful we did many times over! If you know you aren’t going to be traveling much this year, definitely wait for a year when you can take advantage of it the most because you can only qualify for the offer by applying for a new card if you haven’t opened the same level card in the last 24 months. Now with the announcement of flights to Hawaii, you will get even more out of your miles! Happy Travels!
If you have any questions feel free to comment below and I will try to help you out!